Saturday, January 20, 2018
This contest is in conjunction with the Chocolate Meltdown event sponsored by the Miami University Art Museum (MUAM) and the Oxford Community Arts Center (OCAC). We celebrate the vibrancy of the arts, which these two groups bring to our community. Use your talent to show that you too support the arts!
Theme: Anything Chocolate
Open to: Amateur cooks/bakers in the Oxford area
Prizes: 1st place - $75
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - a Des Fleurs cookbook
- Entry items include: Anything Chocolate - pies, cakes, desserts, cupcakes, candy, cookies etc.
- Submit your completed entry form by January 15 [EXTENDED]. It must include a typed recipe and a $10 entry fee per person (cash or check made out to Oxford Community Arts Center (OCAC) - Bake-Off Contest in memo line). Please bring or mail your entry to OCAC. (see form) You will receive a free admittance ticket, which includes five tastings. Recipe/ingredient list will be displayed with the auction item. A photograph of your finished entry and your recipe may be used in Chocolate Meltdown publications.
- Bring your chocolate entry items to OCAC on Saturday, January 20 by 12:00 noon, on a disposable plate OR your own plate with your name on bottom, at your own risk.
- You must bring 2 of the same item or two dozen, if items are smaller, e.g. candies, cookies (one for judging [at least three servings] and one for the auction) The auction will take place after the judging is completed and the winners announced.
- Winners (if not present at announcement time) will be notified by phone and/or email.
- Judging criteria will include: Flavor/Taste/Texture/Appearance/Presentation/Creativity
Have fun! Good luck!